Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protecting button
Wink 
If you use the edge tester too much, the buttons can wear out. It doesn't affect the performance of the device, but it doesn't look good. So, I decided to use protection tape to prevent this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Good idea, Sharpco.
Ken
(10-05-2020, 06:51 PM)Ken S Wrote: Good idea, Sharpco.
Ken

Thank you Ken. 

As you know, Edge tester already has protection film on both the display and the buttons. But film is not permanent. So using this method, the display and buttons are double protected.
Thanks for sharing the tip Sharpco but I have to disagree on one point - there is no such thing as using your edge tester "too much". I sleep with my PT50A under my pillow.
Wink 
(10-06-2020, 10:21 AM)Mike Brubacher Wrote: Thanks for sharing the tip Sharpco but I have to disagree on one point - there is no such thing as using your edge tester "too much". I sleep with my PT50A under my pillow.

2xthumbsup
I have never heard of protection tape, what a great idea. So I googled protection tape and 3m alone has 6 different ones . Which protection tape do you use? (and thanks for this tip)
(10-09-2020, 04:27 AM)BillMoody1 Wrote: I have never heard of protection tape, what a great idea. So I googled protection tape and 3m alone has 6 different ones . Which protection tape do you use? (and thanks for this tip)

https://www.amazon.com/JNK-NETWORKS-Surf...r=8-8&th=1

I think this is same type with I have. Low tacky and removable.
Thanks for the help and an easy amazon link! You guys make it so easy to spend my money.
I bet there are other uses I find for this now that I know about it.
(10-10-2020, 08:21 AM)BillMoody1 Wrote: Thanks for the help and an easy amazon link! You guys make it so easy to spend my money.
I bet there are other uses I find for this now that I know about it.

You're right. It's good to protect blade or handle, and so on.