Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meat slicer blade sharpening
Tomorrow I'll have to sharpen meat slicer blade sharpening. 

I'll use Viel with freehand. 

But I don't know proper edge angle of it. 

Help me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Today, I sharpened meat slicer blade. 

Diameter: abt. 40cm
Weight: abt. 6kg

It must be sharpened with chisel grind(25 degrees).

I had to wear cut-resist gloves.

I got 140 BESS.
Bravo, Sharpco, for undertaking such a difficult project.

Ken

ps I am not able to view your photos. Would you please try resending them?
(01-12-2019, 07:15 AM)Ken S Wrote: Bravo, Sharpco, for undertaking such a difficult project.

Ken

Ken. 

Here is my blog link. I can't upload photo. 

https://glesser.blog.me/221440377570
(01-12-2019, 07:34 AM)SHARPCO Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 07:15 AM)Ken S Wrote: Bravo, Sharpco, for undertaking such a difficult project.

Ken

Ken. 

Here is my blog link. I can't upload photo. 

https://glesser.blog.me/221440377570

Great Job SHARPCO.  Smile

One question: Did you took the blade out of the machine for sharpening (the pattern makes me think so) or you left it attached to the machine just taking out the guard and other pieces (like we do in kitchens for cleaning purposes) and using the natural spin of the machine to sharpen it? (the way we do in the kitchens too).

My slicer has a blade more like a chisel and has 2 very coarse and horrible stones as part of the machine itself that are used for sharpening, but 99% of the times, the cooks abuse them and make the life of the blade very short, for that reason, I disabled them and I use my whetstones on it (Gesshins 400 and 2000) which I barely touch for seconds and with very light pressure, the results are not that professional is just like a retouch, I don't even try to get a burr BC I'm afraid of damaging the blade, and of course that doesn't  don't look as good as what you did, but the edge improves it's performance for a few more days.

If you can elaborate a little bit on the process, it will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards from México.
Luis
Hello Luis. 

I took it out and sharpen it with freehand. The cut-resist gloves is needed because you have to hold blade with hands.
(01-12-2019, 10:49 PM)SHARPCO Wrote: Hello Luis. 

I took it out and sharpen it with freehand. The cut-resist gloves is needed because you have to hold blade with hands.

Thanks for the reply SHARPCO! 

Sharpening one of those blades free hand must be a lot of work!  Woah you did an amazing job!.
(01-13-2019, 10:42 PM)Luis_J Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 10:49 PM)SHARPCO Wrote: Hello Luis. 

Thanks for the reply SHARPCO! 

Sharpening one of those blades free hand must be a lot of work!  Woah you did an amazing job!.

Thank you Luis. 

The customer seems to be satisfied. A hour ago, he contacted me to order one more. Smile