Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edge Pro Inc. - Polishing Stones - Mirror Edges
Beautiful day here in Louisiana -

Have given my Edge Pro Pro system to my son Henry.

My thoughts are that Henry will be doing mirror polished edges (art).  For the experience - who knows?

Have you used Mr. Ben Dale's polishing stone(s)?  Either 2300 and /or 4000 grit stone(s).   Or what ever to achieve mirror polished edges using the EPP.

As always,  thanks

Rupert
(04-01-2017, 01:53 PM)Rupert Lucius Wrote: Beautiful day here in Louisiana -

My thoughts are that Henry will be doing mirror polished edges (art).  For the experience - who knows?

Have you used Mr. Ben Dale's polishing stone(s)?  Either 2300 and /or 4000 grit stone(s).   Or what ever to achieve mirror polished edges using the EPP.

As always,  thanks

Rupert

good morning mr rupert.......kinda cold here in va beach and we have some good breeze blowing in from the north at 12 knots.

you remember your buddy in south africa......"Mad Rookie"......he is edgepro guru on polish......reach out to him
<")))))<>(
(04-02-2017, 06:10 AM)MaxtheKnife Wrote:
(04-01-2017, 01:53 PM)Rupert Lucius Wrote: Beautiful day here in Louisiana -

As always,  thanks

Rupert

good morning mr rupert.......kinda cold here in va beach and we have some good breeze blowing in from the north at 12 knots.

you remember your buddy in south africa......"Mad Rookie"......he is edgepro guru on polish......reach out to him
Looks like rain for us by mid morning -

Thanks, for the suggestion - maybe the "mad rookie" will join the Exchange.

Mr. Ben Dale?  my thoughts were to address someone outside of the Edge Pro company who had had experience with either or both of the said stones.

As you know I am not going to use any of my allotted remaining time "polishing edges" - my son Henry recently turned 37.

Maybe Thomas will step aboard this departing ship.

Thanks

Rupert
Unless Ben has changed things, his stones go to 1K, but it polishes more like a 6K. Don't care for the polishing tapes much at all.

You can get any stone you want on an aluminum blank. Virtually limitless.

I like blanks with leather or balsa so I can use compounds for finish polishing.
Henry received his Edge Pro 1K stone today. He will make time this Palm Sunday weekend to use the new stone.

Leather or balsa? I, have had no experience with the new compounds that you write about.

My last and only compound was Keith's Hand America Boron Carbide (black diamond) paste 1 micron - grit stayed in suspension, perfect suspension. Other formulas from other sources were not even close to Keith's - therefore I never purchased them. Just stayed with the little bricks from who ever.

Has anyone truly replicated black diamond? Keith had his formula perfect.

Rupert
These things are interesting.  I have a bunch of the MX series and they are almost like a flannel belt.  They produce a very close to mirror finish.  Extremely flexible.  By that I mean like cutting strips out of a t-shirt.  If you hold one in the air and drop it, it falls into a pile of soft belt.

http://micro-surface.com/index.php/produ...belts.html

Why can't manufacturers just decide on a "standard" grit reference?  Who knows!  5arg But, anyway, here's the conversion chart for their belts.

http://micro-surface.com/images/products...0CHART.pdf
Ken Schwartz sent me a bottle of his 1u BC, which I've used on a linen belt with normal results.