Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toilet Paper Frenzy
I've received several pictures from customers of empty toilet paper shelves in their local grocery stores lately. This, I presume, due to Corona Virus fears even though excessive trips to the bathroom are not a primary symptom of the disease. Fortunately, my mother saved all of her past copies of the Sears-Roebuck catalog and they remain, today, boxed up in one corner of a barn in Kansas. If any of our members find themselves in dire circumstances, please let me know what year and season you would prefer and I'll do my best to accommodate your order. Please do not request the Christmas edition - as a kid, that one was always much anticipated by me. 

You may have to be familiar with "out houses" and at least as old  as me to appreciate the value of this post but for those who do -  Smile
I've decided to just stop pooping. No more toilet paper needed, except for testing knife edges..
I'm not worried about the TP situation. What does concern me are all the empty shelves at the grocery store where the Edge on Up test filament should be......

Ken
Grepper visibly shuddered.  "Yikes!  That's really scary thought Ken", said grepper as he stifled a gasp.
Here in North Florida things aren't too crazy... but a little.

I went grocery shopping yesterday right after work and it was extremely crowded.  But plenty of TP on the shelves.  Not stocked full, but still plenty there.

Our local University has canceled in-person classes after spring break.  When the students come back, classes will be held online.   After 2 weeks they are supposed to resume normal classes.  This is to give everyone who left for spring break a "quarantine period" where they are not on campus.  Which makes some sense actually.

Brian.
(03-12-2020, 10:12 AM)Mike Brubacher Wrote: I've received several pictures from customers of empty toilet paper shelves in their local grocery stores lately. This, I presume, due to Corona Virus fears even though excessive trips to the bathroom are not a primary symptom of the disease. Fortunately, my mother saved all of her past copies of the Sears-Roebuck catalog and they remain, today, boxed up in one corner of a barn in Kansas. If any of our members find themselves in dire circumstances, please let me know what year and season you would prefer and I'll do my best to accommodate your order. Please do not request the Christmas edition - as a kid, that one was always much anticipated by me. 

You may have to be familiar with "out houses" and at least as old  as me to appreciate the value of this post but for those who do -  Smile
same way all around here tooooo.

hardly no eggs........no chicken...........very few veggies left............check out lines 100 deep
<")))))<>(
My freezer is now the grocery store for my two married daughters Max. Bringing all that meat back with me from Kansas doesn't seem like such a bad plan now. Here's the funny one though - I do all my shopping at Costco. I like to think big when it comes to food. My wife goes to the grocery store - I go to Costco. So I'm at Costco two weeks ago and know that we're getting low on paper towels. At home, I tossed my jumbo pack down just inside the garage door and that's where it stayed. Yesterday, my youngest daughter is loading hamburger out of my garage freezer and she tells me that I should make sure and keep the garage door down. "You think someone 's going to steal my meat?" I asked. She shook her head "I'd worry more about the paper towels".
It is out of control...

Got plenty of options if I run out... Socks, old t-shirts, sheets, etc LOL
Don't forget those catalogs I offered up Chino.
Don't forget about furry friends. Pet food stores are getting hit and even places like Chewy have delayed delivery.

Today I stocked up on some of the basics - beer, wine and whiskey. Got to be prepared.