Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Windmill Riddle
#8
Very interesting , and quite the oddity to me, Mike. I may need to hike back to a windmill or two to get some collaboration.

You would be able to tell if the nails were copper or iron. If copper they'd be green. If iron, there would be positive indication had they been fired to malleability. Again, very groovy and interesting.

I'm guessing there was a windmill constructor that did things the way he saw efficient and correct, with the materials he commonly used.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I don't understand clinching on the end of the nail. Why not clench them tight against wood? No idea. Just the way he did things. Fascinating. Best pun ever Wink
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Windmill Riddle - by Mike Brubacher - 10-08-2019, 02:28 PM
RE: Windmill Riddle - by SteveG - 10-08-2019, 02:38 PM
RE: Windmill Riddle - by grepper - 10-08-2019, 10:57 PM
RE: Windmill Riddle - by Jan - 10-09-2019, 01:48 AM
RE: Windmill Riddle - by Mike Brubacher - 10-09-2019, 07:23 AM
RE: Windmill Riddle - by wadebevan - 10-09-2019, 09:58 AM
RE: Windmill Riddle - by Jan - 10-09-2019, 10:27 AM
RE: Windmill Riddle - by Mark Reich - 10-14-2019, 03:09 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)