08-07-2019, 10:45 PM
You are a hack Mr. carbon? I'm a hack. I'll out hack you anytime, anywhere. Here's my new cleaver.
Its a bigger chunk of iron than I expected. The edge wasn't too bad. Measured 205 out of the box and after a little additional burr removal measured 162 - 178 at three different points. 162 ought to chop up a cucumber. Haven't cut anything other than test media so far but am anxious to do some slicing and dicing with it.
I've bounced my knuckles off of many a cutting board and with hardly a doubt those days are over with this design. Thanks for the tip ken123. I'm looking forward to trying it. As I said, its a chunk of iron and already my thoughts are turning to smaller and lighter/thinner versions. This one would take a couple of fingers off while your hand was still in your pocket.
Its a bigger chunk of iron than I expected. The edge wasn't too bad. Measured 205 out of the box and after a little additional burr removal measured 162 - 178 at three different points. 162 ought to chop up a cucumber. Haven't cut anything other than test media so far but am anxious to do some slicing and dicing with it.
I've bounced my knuckles off of many a cutting board and with hardly a doubt those days are over with this design. Thanks for the tip ken123. I'm looking forward to trying it. As I said, its a chunk of iron and already my thoughts are turning to smaller and lighter/thinner versions. This one would take a couple of fingers off while your hand was still in your pocket.

