Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1sm Modifications
#8
Yeah, edge leading into powered leather will instantly make for a bad day, and possibly moderate to severe epidermal leakage!  I can just imagine your doh! reaction Mr. Mark when you did that!

Like I mentioned, I've sharpened edge leading on my Kally and never had an issue.  Am I too worried about it?  I do it on an open belt and imagine how easy it would be to catch the blade edge on the edge of the belt if the knife was not perfectly flat against the belt.  Do I worry needlessly?

When the Tormek pitched a blade back at me it was very fast and and went whack!  It freaked me out and I've been wimped out and timid about edge leading powered sharpening since then.  

Has anyone caught an edge doing edge leading on a belt?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
1sm Modifications - by CLBennett500 - 03-30-2019, 03:06 PM
RE: 1sm Modifications - by grepper - 03-30-2019, 10:27 PM
RE: 1sm Modifications - by CLBennett500 - 03-31-2019, 08:09 AM
RE: 1sm Modifications - by grepper - 03-31-2019, 11:48 AM
RE: 1sm Modifications - by SHARPCO - 03-31-2019, 07:04 PM
RE: 1sm Modifications - by EOU - 04-01-2019, 09:17 AM
RE: 1sm Modifications - by Mark Reich - 04-01-2019, 09:36 AM
RE: 1sm Modifications - by grepper - 04-01-2019, 09:33 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)