04-01-2019, 09:36 AM
Welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here 
Have you actually used a Leather belt edge leading?? I can go edge leading all day... as long as I don't do it with a leather belt. That is a recipe for certain disaster. It's not going to kill you (probably), but it will cut the belt and scare the bejeezuz out of you.
The only time this happened, I was using a gritted belt edge edge leading for some reason. Switched to a leather belt, and went back to the grinder. I did NOT mean to be edge leading, but since I was Just doing it on a gritted belt, I had that picture in my head. The instant that blade touched the belt it was over.
I'm pretty sure it's unanimous. Edge leading on any kind of leather, be it a belt, Tormek wheel or leather hone is a mistake you'll probably only need to try once.

Have you actually used a Leather belt edge leading?? I can go edge leading all day... as long as I don't do it with a leather belt. That is a recipe for certain disaster. It's not going to kill you (probably), but it will cut the belt and scare the bejeezuz out of you.
The only time this happened, I was using a gritted belt edge edge leading for some reason. Switched to a leather belt, and went back to the grinder. I did NOT mean to be edge leading, but since I was Just doing it on a gritted belt, I had that picture in my head. The instant that blade touched the belt it was over.
I'm pretty sure it's unanimous. Edge leading on any kind of leather, be it a belt, Tormek wheel or leather hone is a mistake you'll probably only need to try once.

