Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome Posters!
Hello!

As Executive Director of BESS Universal please allow me to express my gratitude to those who have joined us here on the BESS Exchange, and to Edge On Up for sponsoring what we expect to be a very informative site.

BESS Universal is an Arizona Nonprofit Corporation whose stated purpose is to obtain scientific information about sharpness of edges and points, and to disseminate the findings by placing them in the public domain.  The administration of BESSU is conducted by myself and a several member volunteer board, and we work very closely with licensees (such as Edge On Up, a manufacturer and seller of sharpness test measuring instruments) in efforts to innovate and learn more about this fascinating topic.  We also provide the BESS test media for our own instrument certification work and to our licensees to use in their work, or to resell. 

BESS Test Media was two years in development and now has enjoyed two years of availability in the world market.  In that two years we have enjoyed remarkable success. The BESS (Brubacher Edge Sharpness Scale) has become the standard that is used to gauge, quantify, and communicate edge and needle sharpness levels for many people and entities worldwide. We now enjoy relationships with licensees, regulatory entities, and safety associations, and our BESS Partner Program allows manufacturers to post BESS scores on their products and use the BESS Logo thereon.

Please join us and contribute to the ever increasing knowledge base being developed in connection with edge sharpening and testing by posting your comments, experiences, findings, and suggestions, for the benefit of us all. 

Thank-you.

Bernard Propst
Executive Director, BESS Universal

(Should you have questions concerning licensing or the BESS Partner Program please contact me directly at b.propst@bessu.org. BESS Test Media is repackaged and sold only through our licensees)