Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Sharpening and knife related videos
I'm going to post all (most?) of my knife and sharpening related videos here to make them easier to find.  These are mostly all on my youtube channel, which you can link to from any of them.

Let's start with my latest.  A how to on assembling and installing Grepper's KallyRest:

Brian.
Good deal Brian! Looking forward to all.
Thank you sir!
Sharpening and mild refinishing results on my Spyderco Delica 4:

Brian.
Sharpening results on my Spyderco ParaMilitary 2:

Brian.
This is kind of an odd one.  Years ago I got interested in guided sharpening using an adjustable wedge.  I got the idea from a guy on bladeforums and youtube who built several of them.  I was working at a shop at the time that had a CNC router.  I convinced a couple of the guys to CAD it up for me and then build a prototype out of particle board.  I don't use this device any more, but it's sort of interesting.  

Brian.
A change of pace here.  Back in the 80s when I was a teenager, I loved blades.  Wait, I still love blades!  But back then I didn't have as much access to them.  The local Flea Market had some knife booths that I frequented.  I bought a machete from one of them and abused it a little.  I've had it wrapped up in a paper bag, taped around the blade for probably 25 years. 

It tarnished and got some patina.  It also had left over sap from the pine tree I used to throw it at.  I was a teenager remember?  I pulled it out and polished the sides up a bunch and then went to work on the edge.  Here are the results:

Brian.
My first video about the KallyRest; an introduction:

Brian.
...and a second one showing a partial sharpening of a knife using the KallyRest:

Brian.
Oh look, it's the BESS tester in action!  ...on that knife from my last sharpening video.  Surprisingly this is one of my more popular videos.

Brian.